REDEFINING PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it is important to research all available prostate cancer treatment options.
You will find a wealth of helpful information on these pages. With prostate cancer, as with all your healthcare needs, knowledge is power.
The goal of PCI is to provide information for you and your family about the different prostate cancer treatment options including:
- Surgery (open, robotic, and laparoscopic)
- Radiation therapy (Brachy Seeds and External Beam)
- Watchful waiting
- Investigational treatments, such as HIFU (Not FDA cleared).
This website reviews all of the prostate cancer treatment options, but highlights a minimally invasive prostate cancer treatment, Prostate Cryotherapy, (also known as Prostate Cryoablation), with fewer side effects when compared to published literature with other prostate cancer treatments.
Benefits of Prostate Cryotherapy:
Less Side Effects. Less Worry
- Prostate Cryotherapy is a minimally invasive, outpatient procedure usually with a quick recovery. The procedure is completed in about 1.5 hours. Most patients leave the hospital several hours after the procedure. Unlike certain forms of radiation therapy, only one session is required.
- Prostate cryotherapy is effective: Results are comparable to all forms of surgery and radiation, with fewer side effects of those treatments.
- Prostate cryotherapy improves Quality of Life (Urinary symptoms and urinary function) compared to surgery and radiation.
- Prostate cryotherapy is FDA (Food and Drug Administration) cleared for use and covered by Medicare and most insurance companies.
- It is performed at leading hospitals throughout the world.
Click Here to learn more about Prostate Cryotherapy
Data is on File